Thursday, July 26, 2007

Maybe take a break?

Hi all,

Di asked if i wanted to take a break from IVF for a month or two?

I hadn't even thought about it before...however.....5 days later i'm seriously considering it...
Of course we're both gonna have a good talk about it over the weekend...I just need to sort it out here for a while....
It's hard to let myself think about it....you know once you're on the role of going for it....
Mind you it's been 3 and half years for us and we've had a month off here and there...

I guess i feel a bit unsure...i never thought of having a break....we have two embryos left...I'm starting to panic a little...i really don't want to go thru a stim cycle again....I would tho...but anyway....
We have to pack and move house by the end of August and it seems that having a break might be good....
The thought of going for this next cycle does feel a bit much...it's hard work....

I think i'm answering myself as i write...
The fact i'm talking about a break indicates it might be necessary...

I need to see the bigger picture too...that our wellbeing is important....and a month or two break may be just what we need.....we can relax and house hunt and move and yes i'm erring towards a break....
It's amazing how hard on myself i can be in light of how much we've gone thru...i really need to give myself a break...ha ha
In my head i'm saying " you should keep going no matter what" bla bla "time is running out" bla blah blah....
So now i tell that part to fuck off and let me be.....

Hope everyone is travelling well xx

1 comment:

owl said...

we have not been trying for anywhere near 3 yrs but we took an enforced break after 6 months. it did us so much good to not be constantly talking about follicles and scans and periods. i think it gave us a good grounding to start the whole IVF thing!
what every you decide to do good luck!