Wednesday, June 6, 2007

New Doco

Hi Everyone,
Had a great time at the Maybe Baby dinner the other night.
We got a sneak preview of a new documentary that's being released on SBS and at Film festivals soon. It's called 'Two Mums and a Dad'.It was excellent!
A real insight into one queer family's journey through conception, negotiating terms for the dad/donor and of course the birth of their beautiful baby.
It was very real and got people talking immediately.
It'll bring an awareness and opportunity for discussion about all the issues we face along this journey.I really got so much out of it and mostly felt a sense of hope that it is all possible.

I feel really relaxed and happy at the moment...Everything is out of my control and i'm ok with it for now....it's still the first week since our second transfer and i'm just so pleased with myself for relaxing and i guess i'm really happy to be off the IVF drugs and stress that caused me.
Hope everyone is travelling well. xxx

2 comments:

Kim-n-Megan said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are more relaxed, the very first cycle build up so much excitement, that when it doesnt work its like you are dropped from the top of a tall building face first. I have everything crossed for you guys.. Its 4.30 in the morning, this morning we go for our scan to see if the follie grew... insomnia ...

Mandy said...

Thanks to fonaholics for your support...I know you get it and it makes such a difference.
You are so right about being dropped off a building, landing face first !!!!
I'm sorry you had a rotten night of no sleep....make sure you have a nice relaxing weekend andi wish you all the best and fingers crossed for the follie...I'll be checking up on you two to see how it goes...xxx